Wednesday, March 14, 2012

New Adventures....Again...

Ok, so one of my New Year's resolutions was to get in a better shape than I am...lumpy that is...all my curves are in the wrong places and that is mainly because I am a sedentary creature. Apart from running after children and the usual housework, if I can do it sitting down, I would much prefer to do that.
I don't think I could run to save my life. I know that jumping just isn't going to happen for the same reasons I have to be careful while laughing, coughing and sneezing. Let's not even mention situps. But, we purchased an Xbox with Kinect and a dance game and my hope is to dance the inches away. Right now, I am almost 2x what I am supposed to weigh, which really baffles me. I don't feel that big. I look at pictures of me and think, am I really that big?? I am otherwise very healthy, which is why I want to do something about it now, before deteriorating health gets in the way. I made a promise to myself that I would not ever have to wear elastic. I can still fit into a size 20 jeans, and I am determined to drop at least 2 pants sizes.
So, first off is to limit myself to no more than 2 cups of coffee a day and, other than that, drink water.
Second, be deliberate about what I eat. I have a bad habit of eating something because it's there, not necessarily because I like it or it even tastes good. And I'm a horrible meal planner. So I made some healthy freezer meals that I can take out the night before and defrost for the crockpot. I just have to be careful of portion control. That's my downfall and it's one my children are learning, so it needs to be nipped in the bud.
Third, I will be deliberate about not being sedentary. My laptop is being moved to the counter so that I have to stand to use it. I am going to take the dog for a walk at least 3 times a week. If I don't have the children with me, I am going to park as far as I can from the store(even in the rain). Take the stairs. Get my own drink. You get the idea. Bring. It. On.

No comments:

Post a Comment