Friday, March 9, 2012

King Cake?

Ok, Well, I knew that the recipe was simple. I mean, that's what Sandra Lee is famous for. Unfortunately, it also had ingredients that are no longer made. You can't get breadsticks without garlic on them. That, my friend, is just yucky! So I thought I could do it with the Rustic French Bread. It probably would have worked, if I had paid attention to the stove.
Oops.
I unrolled the bread dough (that was fun) and sprinkled brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans inside(more of all of the above next time), rolled it up and stretched it to make a ring. First of all, it was too small. I think I'll have to slice the dough in half and see if I can't make it bigger. I'll post later on about if it worked out. At this rate, I might as well have just made the dough from scratch. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment