Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Chores are Fun!

Right? Well, when you have two children who are so close in age, but so dramatically different in maturity, it's very difficult to be "fair" in asking them to do things. Our Princess is a ready worker, while Our Fairy drags her feet in everything. I'll be honest, I have a bad habit of heaping it on Our Princess because I know she'll do it. So, to make things fair and to make sure that Our Fairy is learning to do more to help the family, I made A-Day/B-Day lists. On A-Day, Our Princess is in charge of washing the dishes, sweeping the floor, and wiping the chairs down. Our Fairy clears the table before and after, dries the dishes, puts them away and wipes down the table. The next day alternate. This eliminates whining about who did it yesterday and why do I have to do it...*sigh*


The best part is, I don't have to do it and can spend that time getting the next activity going. To be honest again, our kitchen hasn't looked this clean in a while. Even Our Oso helps out. He's just helping them until he's big enough to take on his own chores by himself.
And for my two middle, strong-willed children, it's the scedule telling them what to do, not mommy, so there is less chance of rebellion...


No comments:

Post a Comment