Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Journey Begins...

I have been researching for the last 6 months. I've spent hours reading books, searching the web, and talking to pros. I want to do this right. I am so excited that I can't wait until August! This is something I have always wanted to do, something I have always felt that God has called me to do, even though for the last 2 years I have pulled a Jonah on Him. I felt that I should fulfill my commitments to others, even though it was only a word of mouth contract and they felt no commitment to me. So, in three months my contract ends and I begin a great new adventure, one that I am so very enthusiastic about that I probably annoy all of my friends who are patient enough to listen to me.

As of May 27, I am a SAHM, and this fall, finally, we begin homeschool!

Often I have heard that others would belittle my decision or make me feel like I'm weird because I want to teach my children at home, but most everyone I have told is supportive of our decision. But not for the reason I am supportive of my decision. Does that make sense? Everyone (but one person) agrees with my decision because the public schools are dangerous, or dumbing down our children, or because private school is so expensive with three children.

That's not the reason I chose to homeschool. I want to be there. I want to see that look when my child learns something new. I want my children to know that family is the most important thing after God, and that I not only say it, but put it into practice. I want to choose carefully what goes into my children's minds, things that would be pleasing to the Lord. It's an awesome responsibility to be a mom, one I am so glad that God has chosen to give me. My children are precious to me. When Our Princess was born, I remember watching other parents with their children, teaching them colors and shapes and they weren't even 2! I also remember praying that She be compassionate. To have a love for the Lord the shone through her. It didn't matter to me if she was advanced for her age and knew everything, I just wanted her to have a love of others. I pray that for Our Fairy and Our Oso, too. I pray that God continues to guide me and that I am the teacher my children need.

No comments:

Post a Comment